Visitation Limits at Addington Place at College Harbor
As of March 15th, Florida Governor, Ron DeSantis and the Florida Division of Emergency Management issued a new order with tighter restrictions for visitors entering long-term care facilities.
Addington Place is committed to following the new regulations; therefore, for the next 30 days, all individuals are prohibited from entering our community.
According to The Agency for Health Care Administration, there are limited exceptions, which include:
- Family members and friends during end of life situations.
- Hospice or palliative care workers caring for residents in end-of-life situations.
- Any individual providing necessary health care to a resident.
- Facility staff.
- Facility residents.
- Attorneys of records for residents in adult mental health facilities for court related matters if virtual or telephone means are unavailable.
- Representatives of the state and federal government seeking entry as part of their official duties, including, but not limited to, the Long-Term Care Ombudsman program, representatives of the Department of Children and Families, the Department of Health, the Department of Elderly Affairs, the Agency for Health Care Administration, the Agency for Persons with Disabilities, protection and advocacy organizations under 42 U.S.C. s. 15041, the Office of the Attorney General, any law enforcement officer, and any emergency medical personnel.
Please be assured that any of the above limited exceptions will not be allowed to enter our community if they meet any of the screening criteria below:
- Any person infected with COVID-19 who has not had two consecutive negative test results separated by 24 hours.
- Any person showing, presenting signs or symptoms of, disclosing the presence of a respiratory infection, including, cough, fever, shortness of breath, or sore throat.
- Any person who has been in contact with any person(s) known to be infected with COVID-19, or a close contact of someone known to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Any person who traveled through any airport within the past 14 days.
- Any person who traveled on a cruise ship within the last 14 days.
Along with the restriction of visitors into Addington Place, we are also following AHCA guidelines to discourage our residents from leaving the community, but residents who do leave will be screened before reentry.
We thank you for your cooperation and support in this matter. Please know that our residents are still engaging in daily activities for the mind, body and soul, and our activities directors and staff continue to serve each resident with compassion first.